- Need to sell shares urgently in a secure environment, but don’t want to open a trading account?
- Want to sell shares obtained through an employee share scheme or float?
- Need a way to sell shares held in the name of your spouse or child without opening multiple brokerage accounts?
If you need to sell shares quickly and securely, but don’t want to open a trading account then one-off trading is for you.
- What is One-Off Trading?
- How it Works
- Which Shares are Eligible?
- What it Costs
- 100 Points of Identification
- Apply Now
What is One-Off Trading?
Occasionally people end up with a parcel of shares but do not have a trading account to sell them through. This can be the result of employee share schemes, investing in company floats, or having shares held in the name of a family member.
One-off trading allows you to sell your issuer-sponsored shares on the market without opening a trading account.
How it Works
For a one off trade you don’t need to open a trading account. Just complete a short order form, attach the relevant documentation, and you’ll have the proceeds of the sale back in no time.
- Download and read the following documents:
- Print the One-Off Trade Agreement Form.
- Complete the form in full, ensuring it is signed by the registered shareholder(s), and that the SRN (Shareholder Reference Number) is included.
- Fax, post, or scan then email the completed form to us, along with copies of 100
points worth of identification.
Fax: (03) 9617 0699 Email: email@example.com Post: Trader Dealer Online Pty Ltd
PO Box 274
Collins Street West
Melbourne VIC 8007
Once we confirm your holdings with the share registry we will sell your shares at the prevailing market price as soon as practicable.
You will be sent a cheque on the day of settlement, generally three business days after the trade. This cheque will be sent from our clearing house, ANZIEX Ltd.
What it Costs
One-off trades cost $100 + GST, or 0.5% + GST (whichever is greater).
Which Shares are Eligible?
- The shares you wish to sell must be listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX).
- Your holdings must be issuer sponsored, rather than broker sponsored.
If you’re unsure, you can quickly identify which type of shares you hold by looking at the Shareholder Reference Number (SRN) on your Holding Statement. If the letter ‘X’ appears at the start of the SRN, your shares are broker sponsored. If the letter ‘I’ appears at the start of the SRN, your shares are issuer sponsored, and therefore are eligible for sale through Trader Dealer’s One-Off Trading facility.
100 Points of Identification
- You must provide 100 points of identification along with your One-Off Trade Agreement Form. A list of valid identification types is included in the form.
- Your identification does not need to be certified by an authorised person.
- Please do not send original identification documents.
To get started, download and read the following documents:
- One-Off Trade Agreement Form
- Trader Dealer Financial Services Guide
- One-Off Trade Terms and Conditions
- One-Off Sale - Pershing Securities Disclosure
If you have any further questions about One Off Trading, just call our friendly team on 1300 853 856.